Gus Galanis, with Classic Party Rentals/Tri–Rentals Event Specialists, has these 5 tips on how to achieve an elegant look while scaling back on budget:
1. Always try to work with professionals suited for your budget. They will help you evaluate the space you're thinking about using.
Remember you want to work with what’s there, don't recreate the wheel. If you plan on totally changing the look of the space, you may ask yourself why you are using that venue in the first place.
2. Pick a design element that will give you high impact without spending a lot of money.
Think about using different colors and shapes. Think about when you need to use or florist, or in what areas can you do it yourself. Color is a great way to pop a table.
Don't be afraid of using unorthodox types of displays.
Using a couple of booths in place of chairs is a high impact design element. However, using chairs will keep your costs down.
If you plan on not doing traditional floral, you may want to think about using candelabras to set up your table.
Large bouquets can be made with big bunches of Baby's Breath only. It looks high end if it is large and makes a beautiful statement. For the head table you can do the same thing but add a few roses.
3. Location, location, location is important. Pick a venue with your budget in mind. Consider what services are offered by the facility versus having a wedding at home.
4. Work with a rental company that gives you options. Don’t be boxed in with white china, white linen and while folding chairs. Chefs like to display their food with stark backgrounds, so using an all white plate is normal.
5. Think out of the box and expand your horizons. For instance, if you are having a summer wedding poolside, think about adding some pizzazz in unusual places. Utilize color in different ways, such as different color chairs and linen.
901 W. Hillcrest Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90301 (310) 535-3660
© 2006 Classic Party Rentals